Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Silent Scream

Serene as Sunday, my cries to You break through the silent barrier as You demolish the icy walls of my heart.

The same God who created Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, predestining their purposes long before they breathed their first breaths, speaks to my soul. The tears I cry are not as much about regret for who I was as they are over who You are to me.

It's at this moment that I scream, at least I think I have, but it's one only we can hear. The screams are ones I want the world to hear. How is this possible? I do not wonder long, for to spend more time dwelling on how than relishing with joy and gratitude in my soul does You a disservice. It is a mystery that in my wickedness You would want to touch me with Your Holy right hand, but it's one I do not care to solve. I just enjoy, Lord.

How great it is to serve You, the one who knows more of the depravity of my nature than even I, and yet, You write peace on my heart!

Now that I know You, I am more responsible than ever to let others know who You are. Thank You for Your hope.

2 comments:

  1. Can you see me smiling??? Well, I am. This is good stuff Seann, good stuff. ANYTIME we bring glory to God in our written and/or spoken word, we show HIS glory and not our own selfish pride.
    You are so right. Once we have met Him personally, we are responsible for every word, action and deed. We dare not be so foolish as to think we will not answer for our actions. We are 100% responsible to let others know where are Hope comes from. "Hope" leads people "to" the Cross and not "away" from it.
    Love you Seann....great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, and beautifully written. Cuz you are a good writer, keep up the good work. Love you.

    ReplyDelete